Mdu

I've received several comments like that from Africanists friends over the
weekend, as a response to the ANCYL conference/GNC announcements.  You all say
the PAC space is been taken over by the Charterists.  This also spells the
danger of reinventing the PAC in a political climate where the basic positions
of the Party are held by others.  Well, comrades, they say you cannot be more
catholic than the pope.  This is posturing and trying to sound unique and
militant, and the ANCYL is known for this act (which they do not mean).

The real problem is that the PAC is tjoepstil on any political matter and on
any current affair of note.  In this age of advanced communication technology
and a knowledge-based, constantly changing social phenomenon, it is treason to
fail to put across your views officially so that the public and the electorate
can access the other point of view.  I have personally talked to Letlapa and
Mudini about this first in 2006, and repeated the point over and over again
each time we met and talked - to no avail.  PAC is a political organisation and
it will prevail or fall  on the basis of how it conducts itself politically:
there should be politics in the forefront of all our activities.  Instead they
seemingly choose to focus on internal money making schemes, intrigue, lies, and
to snipe at the internal opposition who put up a fight for their seats in
office.  The prevailing culture is to put yourself first and let the devil take
the hindmost.  Very clearly, Thami Plaatje is one such spineless jelly fish.
They put their mouth where the money is.  Hence the dysfuctional set up we are
in.

The results is that the PAC is not mentioned in any significant sense when
alternative to the rulling party is discussed.  It is regarded as a dead
organisation.  There was a time when the PAC was in the doldrums and every
analyst at least repeated the ANC propaganda that there were only 14 of us and
a fax machine.  Mudini is a media person by training and experience, and
Letlapa is a former APLA High Command member.  They both are highly trained in
the ways of the PAC and its politics.  It is the loss of focus that we should
correct and stop the blockade towards a democratic all inclusive forum to
revitilise the PAC.

Malema's is not sincere with what he says.  This is the fight between the
tenderpreneurs and the others within the Charterists, and the ANCYL is jostling
for a good position on the trough.  Puree and simple.  The PAC must get its act
together.  Time is running out.

Jaki