And my A P H desk top machine, that I purchased a couple of years ago,
doesn't have this cross talk problem.  But I do have some small problem
with cross talk on my Sony 2 track stereo recorder that's modified to
play NLS tapes, that I purchased from   I R T I last year.  But it's
really not legible.  You have to put your ear to either speaker to here
it, and that's when there's silent portions on the talkingbook tape.
Kevin