I'm no expert on java or applets, but I do have Java2 on my
system.  See

http://java.sun.com/j2se/

and I checked some sites and applets do run.  I am using ME and
am up to date on all Windows patches including the VM security
patch.  I also use Opera as my browser and tested both Opera and
IE when looking for applets and both browsers worked.

Elaine

***
A man may be so much of everything that he is nothing of
anything.   --Samuel Johnson

Hello owner-pcworks

On Sunday, December 15, 2002, you wrote

> Well I am running Windows98SE and I did the Windows Update on the new
> Virtual Machine when I was
> notified by the site to install.  Which I did.  I also use Internet Explorer
> 6 with
> Outlook Express 6.

> What has now happened I have lost my capability of viewing java applets that
> I
> could before I installed this.  I know it said it could not be uninstalled.
> Had no
> idea it was going to effect this.

> I did a restore back prior to installing think it would take me back to the
> other
> version.  It did not work.

> So anyone have ideas what I can do perhaps?  Other than reformatting and
> reinstalling
> Windows???  TIA Azhodge
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to