Sending you a big kiss!!!!!  I was able to follow your instructions and will
certainly
keep!  That was it - I had gotten a "corrupt download and installation".  I
redownloaded
and installed the step and bingo everything is working!!!!

I am one happy camper and sure learned something new here today!!!!  Thanks
Peter.

Azhodge
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Kaulback" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2002 7:35 PM
Subject: Re: PCWorks: Virtual Machine (Windows Update Newest)


Try to reinstall the update, you can either get it through the update page
or through the catalogue site. Here are steps to do this:
<!snip>
Go to the Windows Update web site.
In the left pane, under Other Options, select "Personalize Windows Update".
Under "Set Options for Windows Update", select the checkbox for "Display
the Link to Windows Update Catalog under "See Also"", then click "Save
Settings".
Go back to the Windows Update web site.
In the left pane, under "See Also", select "Windows Update Catalog".
Select "Find Updates for Microsoft Operating Systems".
Select the operating system and language of your choice.
Select "Critical Updates and Service Packs".
Select all of the patches you'd like to download, then click on "Go to
download basket" to download them.
<!en snip>

It sounds like a corrupt installer. Bear in mind that the Microsoft JVM is
about 4 years old with it being version 1.1, while the latest is 1.4.

Peter Kaulback

In the hour of 10:14 AM 15/12/2002 -0700, Azhodge spoke this:
>Well I am running Windows98SE and I did the Windows Update on the new
>Virtual Machine when I was
>notified by the site to install.  Which I did.  I also use Internet
Explorer
>6 with
>Outlook Express 6.
>
>What has now happened I have lost my capability of viewing java applets
that
>I
>could before I installed this.  I know it said it could not be uninstalled.
>Had no
>idea it was going to effect this.
>
>I did a restore back prior to installing think it would take me back to the
>other
>version.  It did not work.
>
>So anyone have ideas what I can do perhaps?  Other than reformatting and
>reinstalling
>Windows???  TIA Azhodge
=====================================================
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to