Frank Barknecht a écrit :
Hallo,

Yes, there is some absurdity to this conversation. I guess Frank and I have been doing this for so long, its just part of a game we play ;-)

Anyway, I could give the instructions in one step:

1. use Pd-extended ;-)

But that's exactly what I mean: "mapping" IMO has become promotion material for
pd-extended, but increasingly hard to use for users of newer Pd versions or
alternative distributions.
specially since it's mainly abstraction, i don't understand why we need to
install it.
i think for this specific lib, any dependency of object outside it's directory
can be seen as a bug.

I don't think many newbies really want to get into the nitty-gritty of hand-built Pd installs, but this conversation did make me smooth out the installation process. Before, the 10 steps were for creating a library from scratch. I think its pretty simple considering. Now, the libraries are pre-built in SVN, so you only need to:

1. cd /path/to/your/extra (or wherever you want to install stuff)
2. svn co
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/externals/mapping
3. svn co
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/abstractions/purepd
4. pd -lib libdir -lib purepd -lib mapping

You cheat a bit here: "svn co whereverlibdiris; make libdir", and I don't know,
if help-files in mapping work then - with just your sets they won't. And you
still have the requirement of putting the directories mapping and purepd into a
directory in the pd path like "extra", so it's still four paths to set, just
like I wrote in my first mail.

Ciao