Boris,

I read the auction Collin mentioned and would have expected a working MX
camera, not a broken one.  The seller claimed it was in great shape!

Some of us follow eBay daily.  As a courtesy to others watching the stream of
equipment auctions float by, we do not point out the bargains to the pdml
list as the auction nears it's end.  If you want a bargain, do the homework
and don't spoil it for the others who are doing their homework.  Telling the
pdml about it will assure that some list reader with more money than you will
be in there at the last second and outbid you for it.

(The exception if for your own auctions.  If you are selling something
Pentax, feel free to mention it on the list as there are any number of
potential buyers here.  Folks often offer it to the list before they put it
onto eBay.)

Despite all of the above, questions about equipment and how it operates are
always welcome on the pdml.  Just don't point out the auction you are
thinking about.  I see this all the time.  If you must refer to a specific
auction, try to ask the question in the first day or so that the item is
listed.  Don't point it out in the last 6 hours of the auction.  You are sure
to lose it this way!

Regards,  Bob S.