On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Nenad Djurdjevic wrote:
> reputation of F-lenses comes from people seeing faded, peeling, dirty,
> poorly looked after specimens in second-hand shops.  I guess the F-lenses
> don't stand up as well to abuse as earlier lenses but if you find a
> well-looked after, as-new, example I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

Since the lens in question hasn't been made in 15 years the chances of
finding a like new speciman is low.

I don't like the manual focus feel on the F lenses that I've tried.
All have been consumer grade zooms, but this seems to be one too,
so I'm not expecting much.

A DA version of this lens could be made smaller, and the build quality
of the DA 16-45 is better than any F lens that I've used and many of
the FA lenses.  I like the Quick Focus Clutch  mechanism too.

alex