The problems relate to focussing on distant objects and shooting wide
open - this is not something which is called for, so normally goes
unnoticed until or unless tested specifically.  Compare with manual
focus on a distant object and you will probably find that the AF has
focussed in front of the object.  Well documented on dpreview and I
think pretty much everyone found to their surprise that it was evident,
but the conclusion was that under normal shooting conditions it is not
that significant.