From: "Ayash Kanto Mukherjee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 12:43 AM
Subject: Long exposures!

Hi!

I was trying to photograph the dial of my table clock illuminated by a
small tungsten bulb inside. I used program mode in my MZ-M and it
suggested an aperture of f/4.5 at 2 sec with the flash recommended warning
blinking. Well, I wanted to take the shot in complete darkness and
therefore the use of flash never comes in picture. I took the shot and the
result came out to be overexposed but it was more or less acceptable.
The lens used was Pentax SMC A 35 - 80 mm f/4-5.6.
My next experiment was to decrease the aperture by 5 stops, i.e., f/22 and
therefore the exposure has to be increased by 5 stops, i.e., 64 sec. I got
a very horrible result. It was severely underexposed.
HOW THIS COULD HAPPEN? I couldn't find any explaination for it.
Is the lightmeter working o.k.? I doubt!

Any explaination/suggestion/comment is welcomed.

By the way, I have both the photographs with me. So, if anybody interested
to see the results, I can scan and send it but this kind of activity is
dicouraged and therefore I won't do that unless and until anybody really
interested to see.

Thank you.

Looking for a reply.

- Ayash Kanto.