On Thursday, June 14, 2001 7:05 AM, Pentax Clover [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
wrote:
>Hello
>I ve just read reports from MZ-S owner.
>It seems that the SLR find easily owner in the US.
>Wheraas in France, everybody complain its high price.
>My personnal wish is that Pentax makes a better SLR at the same price of the
Nikon F-100.
>Am I the only one in this case or most of the list will buy the MZ-S ?

I don't understand the reluctance/criticism of so many on this list with the
price of the MZ-S.  Is there some rule that Pentax cameras cannot go beyond a
certain price point, regardless of the value built into them?
My reading of the specification means that I have an order out with my son in
Hong Kong to get me one as soon as it is available - I anticipate paying
<US$650 there.  I expect to be more than satisfied with the deal!  However, if
I couldn't get it through him, I would certainly be in the queue at one of the
US stores mail-order counters. (No way would I pay the more than A$2000
expected to be the price asked for by our local distributors).

John Coyle
Brisbane, Australia