I use the A*300 f4 it's a great lens, but it has a very long focus throw, (you can't expect to change from closest focus to infinity quickly), and it's closest focus is none to close, about 13 feet. On the other hand it's not a lot larger than the smc P 135mm f2.5 with the lens hood mounted and not a lot heavier.

Patrick Schork wrote:

I'm considering the A* 200 f2.8 ED and the A* 300 f4 for use on my istDS.
I really like the fact that both are relatively small in size.
I plan to use it for wildlife and sports photography.

Any opinions on these 2 lenses.

Thanks guys

--
When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).