That does not compute.  The *istD is smaller than the K10D, yet has a CF
card.  If you think CF or CF & SD would have made the camera larger you
are most likely wrong.  The decision was 98% marketing, millions of
folks already have an SD card for their phone.  Luddites and pros who
want CF can buy something else, after all they are only a small
percentage of the market.  But I guess it is good they are standardizing
a bit.  Better than having a CF in the laptop, an SD in the Pocket
Computer, and a XD in the camera.  But wait?  The camera and the pocket
computer also take CF's.  So much for that theory <grin>.

--
graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com