On 9/22/06, Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
> them. The Pentax F100-300/4.5-5.6 is a fixed length zoom with
> internal movement of the zooming elements, and front group focusing.
> That's why I like it more than the 80-320 as a design, although the
> latter out-performs it.
[...]

hi,

i am getting myself a used F100-300/4.5-5.6 in fairly good condition
this weekend (for about US$ 100; i've found this second hand camera
shop where he offers almost any pentax lens, whatever he has that is,
for the equivalent of US$ 75-100 :)). so would be glad to hear your
opinion of the lens (of course also from others who have used it). a
link to pictures taken with the lens would also be helpful....

i am still in the questions-asking mode...hopefully my contributions
will get more constructive with time.... :))

regards, subash