As far as I can recall, nobody here has ever said that "the aperture
simulator is
totally unnecessary".  Almost everybody here would like to have it on a
DSLR.  Nobody is arguing against the AP; they are simply fed up with a
million posts reiterating the same old argument.

But, like JCO, you seem unable to grasp that fact.

John