On 19/12/06, Mark Cassino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For the folks who have K10D's - how have you set the dust removal
> setting?  I originally set it to turn on with every power up, but that
> seemed excessive and I wondered if the knocking of the sensor was
> ultimately good for the AS mechanism. So, now i just use it as needed
> (which is not yet so far.)

I've left mine on, hopefully if it's gong to belt the cr#p out of the
sensor it will final within warranty. However I do expect that this
bit they got right. I was forever blowing dust off my *ist D sensor
but I'm not at all particular about when and where I change lenses and
I do it a lot, no point having a DSLR otherwise to my mind. It will be
interesting to see how dust resistant the K10D is given similar
treatment.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA