> It will end up in the Ocean to be recycled by nature either way.

I'll give you one reason to minimise use of hot water.

Hot water is made of water and energy. Energy is also global. Your
electricity could come from any place from the planet, from coal or from
gas, or other sources. And waste from fossil electricity  production is
probably one of the courses to the global heating.
So; less use of electric energy means less waste. Less waste means less
global heating. Pretty simple really (assuming your energy is not recyclable
and locally produced)

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)