On Dec 29, 2006, at 8:35 PM, Digital Image Studio wrote:

>  However the competition obviously aren't too perturbed that
> Pentax maybe encroaching on their market (maybe because they aren't),
> they seem to be maintaining their higher pricing and still making
> sales and obviously far greater profits.

I don't know what the international numbers are, but locally Pentax
is definitely taking a bigger piece of the pie than ever before. All
local camera stores are now selling the K cameras. Very few of them
sold the *ist series cameras. One of the largest stores squeezed down
their Nikon and Canon display area and added a Pentax area of equal
size. I was in there yesterday to purchase a new printer and asked
about the Petnax sales. The counterman I talked to said they were
selling very well and that the Canon rep had complained about the
loss of shelf space.
Paul