On Apr 5, 2007, at 7:30, Steve Desjardins wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> Delurking here for a bit.   I'm going to be spending some time in
> India, and I'd like to get a small camera as a backup to my DS.  Any
> suggestions?  I'd like it to be under $300.  I know I'm being a bit
> vague on features,  but I'm actually more concerned about good
> experiences people have had.  At least 5 or 6 MP, reasonable zoom,
> antishake if possible.  Thanks.

Hard to go wrong with the Fujifilm F30/F20

Great image quality, long battery life, exceptionally low-noise (for
a P&S).

Downsides: no optical viewfinder, uses XD memory cards...

The F20 can be had for about $140 if you shop around, or the F30 if
you like more manual controls can be found for about $270.

  -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minneapolis, MN

I am riding in the MS-TRAM this summer.  Please consider sponsoring me!
http://charles.robinsontwins.org/mstram.htm