A lot of hotels have wireless connections these days. Hopefully, your
laptop is equipped with the same. Some have ethernet connections, so
it's good to carry an ethernet cable. And of course you'll want to
take a standard telephone cable in case that's all that's available.
I haven't travelled in Europe in four or five years but last time
through I believe most of the hotels had progressed at least to
ethernet connections. In addition good hotels usually have a business
office with available computers and connections.
Paul