In a message dated 1/23/2008 6:13:43 A.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Back when i only had one  dslr, i just made a yearly directory and
added folders as photos came along.  Mostly
equine as at first, i would not use the dslr for personal use in  case
i broke it and could not do the shows.
As i aquired more cameras i  thought it best to keep camera
directories. Now, with six cameras, i  think
its a bit over kill to have a Nikon directory then one for D200,  D1H
etc and the same with Pentax directory then istD and K10D.

Its  starting to get confusing as far as back ups, and have i done this
one etc. I  keep a paper record of whats done, but i just think
its a bit over kill to do  this.
Probably just start a main directory for dslr photos with may be an  id
letter for camera used.

Am i the only one keeping records like  this.

I'm assuming so.:-)

Dave

I'm only  shooting with two DSLRs, Pentax and Canon. Shooting RAW the file
extensions are  different, thus making it easy to pick out which is from which
camera.

Also using Lightroom, I can find which pictures came from which camera  using
the Metadata part of the Navigator. So I don't worry about making  different
top directories. I use Lightroom mainly for organizing, not  "Developing", but
for that it has helped tremendously.

HTH, Marnie aka  Doe

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.