Frankly, I think the the market is going to skew towards Sony and
Samsung.  My classes used to be full of people with Canon Rebels and a
smattering of Nikons.  The last few classes have had about the same
number of Nikons, but the Sonys are rapidly displacing the Rebels.
Yesterday, I had the first occurance of a class without a single
Rebel.  All Sony and Nikon.

The young folks in my classes are way more familiar with the Sony
brand than any of the camera brands we grew up with.  I'm guessing not
too many years from now we'll be watching a duel between Sony and
Samsung.

Keep in mind, I'm talking about the consumer market, not the pros.

GS
<http://georgesphotos.net>