Cotty wrote:

On 16/11/08, Bob W, discombobulated, unleashed:

Some good photos of the fires in CA here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7731706.stm

I particularly like #5, which confirms all our prejudices about Californians

I would **love** a Segway. Sadly not legal to use on public highways or
footpaths here, and as my estate only measures 60 feet by 20, probably
not quite large enough to make use of its raison d'etre.

Good fore pics - my heart goes out to those that have lost their homes.
It must be terrifying.

I had a go on one about two years ago. As a legally certified child, it took me about 30seconds to be able to use and held my attention for only slightly longer. Far, far too slow to be fun and, at the price they are, would not garner a second glance in a shop.