Larry Colen escribió:
Saw an ad on CL for a Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC SLD ELD Aspherical
Macro Lens for Pentax and Samsung Digital SLR Cameras (581109)

I don't remember seeing much mention of this lens in the "normal
zoom" discusions. What's it like? It seems reasonably fast, at least
faster than my 18-250.

I have one of those lenses. It is quite a good zoom, well built and it
focuses really close. Nowadays it is one of my 3 most used lenses, being
the others the Pentax DA 50-135 2.8 and the Sigma EX 28 mm. 1.8
Get sure it is the latest "macro" version with a 72mm filter ring. The
previous "non macro" version (67 mm. filter threads) is not as good as
the latest one. The only drawbacks of the 18-50 EX macro are, besides
not being a Pentax lens, distortion at 18 mm. (but all the lenses in the
same category show more or less the same distortion), and the absence of
SDM. As Adam wrote, the Tamron 17-50 2.8 is also a good alternative in
this range. If I could afford one, I would buy a Pentax DA 16-50 2.8,
but I'd also keep this Sigma.

Carlos