David J Brooks wrote:
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Christian <christ...@skofteland.net> wrote:

HA!  I appreciate your feelings for Sigma which you've expressed here quite
frequently.  I've only owned one Sigma lens: the 300/4 AF, blah, blah, blah
macro and it was actually a fan-bloody-tastic lens.  Except for its lack of
IS I'd say it was pretty close to my Canon 300/4 IS.

I still have mine and i really like it.

I've had two Sigma lenses in recent years. The EX 300/2.8 was excellent value for the money. The 180mm f/3.5 macro is, in terms of build quality and optical performance, one of the best lenses I've ever used. Period.