Mark Roberts wrote:

Stan Halpin wrote:

You can buy an ISBN @, e.g.,
http://www.isbn-us.com/isbnnumbers.htm?gclid=CLSojc38gZkCFSQMDQod5AwqnA
and embed it into your print-file.

But then the books need to be reloaded, and sample copies repurchased, and published links updated, etc.
Probably a good idea for next years edition.

Yes. I'm already planning on buying an ISBN for next year's book.

Other changes for next year:

Each photographer will be able to submit up to 3 images, *one* of which will be selected for inclusion in the book (the submission period will probably run a bit longer).

I'm going to look into other online publishers as an alternative to Blurb. I don't like the limited page layout options in Blurb (though I'll probably create the book in In Design and export each page as a JPEG if we stick with Blurb).

When I did SIGNS GONE BY each page was a jpg file... it isn't printed as well as it looks like PDML book is - complicated reasons why... I don't know if LULU's "new improved " photo book stuff is any better in terms of putting things together - I used an older form and at least it came out the way I intended in form... but you might check into it... (unless you had
and rejected them already)

I also don't like the lack of detail in the sales information they give you. They claim it's to protect buyers' privacy, but Cafe Press gives you each buyer's name and the state/country they live in (and that would seem to be adequate to prevent stalking, to me!)

well on that score, lulu is even worse... I like cafe press's info, too...

ann