On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 08:43:52AM -0700, Rick Womer wrote:

> Larry,
>
> Why did you send the camera in with all that stuff on and in it?  You were
> begging to have it get lost.
>
> When I've sent cameras for service, they've gone with the stock focus screen
> and a body cap.  That's it.

I'm getting the focusing screen back. I didn't take it out because of
the difficulty of getting it out and in without getting dirt in the
system.

The reason for sending the memory card was that my K20D was having
troubles with that memory card. The K100 worked fine with it, but
after about 15-20 shots, the K20 would stop writing to it. If the K20
was out of spec,  it would be hard for them to test without a corner
case card like that one.

I should have thought about the strap clips, but I did take the strap
off. We're talking the difference between a couple of seconds and an
awkward job that takes a couple of minutes.

The rubber plug in the bottom of the camera came with the camera, and
I didn't even think of it until the camera came back without it.  I
also didn't remove the plug over the PC sync jack either.

   lrc

--
Larry Colen             l...@red4est.com            http://www.red4est.com/lrc