On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:09:20PM -0400, John Sessoms wrote:
> From: Rick Womer
> >Larry,
> >
> >Why did you send the camera in with all that stuff on and in it?  You
> >were begging to have it get lost.
> >
> >When I've sent cameras for service, they've gone with the stock focus
> >screen and a body cap.  That's it.
>
> Live and learn.

After work I went to San Jose camera. I ended up getting a manfrotto
486RC2 ball head. I'll put that on my monopod and my older ball head
on the big dumb tripod.

The other thing I got there was a tamrac hand strap, being the
cheapest way to get the two quick connect.  When I got home, there was
a box from Pentax with all of my gear off the old camera, except for
the battery grip plug and the troublesome memory card. I had told them
that if they need the memory card for debugging, they're welcome to
it, so I'm happy. I'm curious whether that card would work in my new
body, but I've got better cards that work fine.

My only complaint is lack of communication from Pentax while things
are in process.

--
The fastest way to get your question answered on the net is to post
the wrong answer.