On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 7:54 AM, Nick Wright <nickwright1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The bottom line is that I really truly prefer film. I prefer the look.
> I prefer the process.
>
> Thanks for the input.

If you prefer the look and the process of working with film, I'd
recommend either buying a top-notch film scanner and learning to do
that yourself or incorporating in your process having professional
quality scans done by either a local pro service that you build a
relationship with or using ScanCafe.com on their quick turnaround, pro
service.

I see nothing wrong with someone preferring film capture and wanting
to work with it digitally post-capture. For me, it's a slow, difficult
and expensive process ... I find it gets in my way ... but I also love
the look of film combined with the ease and quality of digital image
management and processing.

If that's what you prefer to do, you simply have to find the way to do
it that satisfies your quality and workflow desires. Your expectations
of quality, cost and convenience should also be metered by the
limitations of the medium... both that of film itself and of the
scanning process ... of course.
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com