Tanya Love wrote:
fa 100mm f2.8 macro or fa 77m f1.8 ltd

trying to decide between the two as I can’t afford both – do I want a
faster, smaller limited lens or a slower, larger lens with macro?

I don’t have a macro lens that I am happy with, BUT I really am loving using
my fa 50mm f1.7 as a “leave on the body all the time” lens right now, and am
thinking that the  FA77mm would be awesome for this purpose with just a bit
more reach for portraits.

However, not sure if I would like the 0.7m minimum focus of the 77mm.

Decisions, decisions!  What are your thoughts guys and gals?

t.x.

hey Tanya

My 2c worth. The two lenses are completely different animals. I have both, and I love em. Both are a pleasure to use, and have crisp performance. But I would never take the 100 to a gig in low light. Nor would I try to test the 77 to it's close focus ability. But if it came to it, I would gladly have the 77 as my sole prime. Small, solid and brilliantly sharp.

Only, I would not want to live in a world where I could only have one prime.

der...@iinet.net.au
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc