On Apr 12, 2010, at 4:03 AM, Tanya Love wrote:

fa 100mm f2.8 macro or fa 77m f1.8 ltd

I haven't had a chance to play with the 100/2.8, but ...

My FA77 is my favorite lens. It seems that every time I look through the viewfinder, with it on the camera, it brings a smile to my face. The downside is that I find it a bit long for a walkaround lens.

I have the FA50/2.8 and it does great for macro work, although a lot of times I need to be closer than I want, or can get, for the magnification. For example, it doesn't work well for photographing things in my friend's aquarium.