On Apr 28, 2010, at 12:13 PM, William Robb wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "P N Stenquist"
> Subject: Re: K-7 replacement?
>

>> But the Samsung sensor in your K20 doesn't produce the same results as the
>> sensor in the K7. Far from it.
>
> What big differences are you seeing?
> My thoughts are that the K7 rendering is a slight bit warmer, which is
> probably more software than hardware, but that's about it.
> I don't feel really comfortable taking the K7 over ISO 640, which was also
> where I started seeing unacceptable noise off the K20.

K7 exposure is far more accurate than the K20's, the dynamic range seems about
a stop better, and noise is improved as well. The deer pics I showed the other
day were ISO 800. My pic in the PDML annual is at ISO 3200. I got decent
results at the pool tournament shooting 6400. K7 noise level isn't as good as
Kx, but it's somewhat better than K20.
Paul
PS: When you first got your K7, you noted all these improvements and praised
the k7 effusively. If I had time I'd look it up in the archive. So I suspect
you're just being argumentative now. Of course you wouldn't do that:-)).
Paul