On 6/1/2010 2:16 PM, steve harley wrote:
On 2010-06-01 08:40 , P. J. Alling wrote:
On 6/1/2010 5:54 AM, steve harley wrote:
that stereotype was mostly generated by Apple marketing -- playing to
people's insecurities about whatever computer they were using

I guess it worked, when I more or less decided to join the PC
revolution, Microsoft and IBM made it relatively easy for me to learn
enough to be an expert, (at least compared to my clients), Apple not so
much.

so that was what, 25 years ago? i have met a lot of people who are proud of their DOS/Windows fu; i'm proud of my Unix fu from 30 years ago, and use it all the time today on Macs & Linux; but fu is fu -- there's a lot to mystify the masses on every operating system

Sure it does, Pay the licensing fees to a company you compete with directly? Google want's to turn the Browser into an OS replacement. Microsoft owns the Desktop OS market. You think potential monopolists have changed since J.D. Rockefeller and Standard Oil?

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}