> Why do you choose or stay in Pentax? Why not N, C or M?
>
> My answer is simple! I want the quality of Pentax lenses.
>
> How about you?

Well. I don't have such a great story about me and Pentax as I read here.
If I was given a Pentax camera by grandfather as Take was I would stick to
it forever specialy know that I have learned a lot of respect for him.
Daniel wrote about his lucky buy (because how you can call a situation when
there was no M in stock for him to buy?) and staying with the brand for 30
years - that's impressive!

Than as Emilio wrote: "Maybe all we are different, original people??????". I
just like to do something different than others or at least in a different
way. And since Pentax is not as popular in Poland as N, C, M are it was my
pick even before I've learned about it's quality. I guess I'm a bit
snobbish...

Gabor wrote: "I like to mix old MF gear with the latest AF ones without any
unnecessary limitations. No other company offers this possibility. Also, SMC
is great. It definitely works."   No question about that. Sad truth is that
I have to pay for it :-( Getting C FD lenses might be cheaper - at least in
an amateur range. But hey, I'm snobbish!

I guess, I went for Pentax because the fact that I could use the MF and AF
lenses interchangeably although I was a bit to optimistic about how cheap I
can get those MF ones. In communistic era Pentax wasn't officialy present on
Polish market so there isn't so many used lenses as I wish to be offered.
But I hope to get into ebay soon - I just have to solve a cheap way to send
payments - or maybe I don't wont to do it? I'm not having too much cash
allready... :-)
Than, what I really loved about new Pentax cameras was the desing that makes
them simple to use. Only playing with Russian SLR Zenit before Pentax I knew
how to take pictures right away! The mistery with my friends EOS 3 starten
with an uneasy to find on-off switch...

And now, I will stick to Pentax just to have the priviledge of being a part
of PDML :-)

Maciej

PS:
Collin wrote abut sticking to one brand and "Camera owners are the same.
Look at the newsgroups
and the sparring between Canon & Nikon owners, and the arrogance of Leica &
Contax owners.
Blad owners look down on Fuji, Mamiya & Pentax, but Each of them knows the
real truth."    We had a saying going on the Polish foto news group: Thera
are owners od Nikons, user of Canons and people that are making photos with
Pentax.