> So when I advise young photographers what to buy, I urge them to consider
> defunct bayonet mounts such as Konica--yes, Konica. No one uses it, you say?
> Exactly. World-class third-party lenses in Konica mount go begging for buyers.
> And Konica itself made some excellent optics, such as their 85/1.8 and their
> f/1.8 pancake.

Those two lenses are both superb. The 85/1.8 was one of the first excellent
lenses I ever used. The pancake (which I still have around here somewhere)
has poor bokeh at close-focusing distances but just marvelous performance at
normal taking distances--it's almost hard to believe that a lens can be that
vivid and contrasty.

The 28/1.8 Hexanon is no slouch either.

--Mike