Adam Maas wrote:

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Doug Franklin <jehosep...@mindspring.com> wrote:

On 2010-08-02 14:47, Adam Maas wrote:

If you want a really distinctive sound though, nothing matches the
Bell 214's. They're a Huey on a serious case of steriods and sound
exactly like that, with a much deeper and slower version of the Huey's
classic whop-whop sound.

I've probably never heard a 214's sound, but I always thought the UH-60 had
a more distinctive note than the Snake, Cobra, or UH-1.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)

You've probably never heard a 214,

Knock yourself out. They all seem to be doing logging and other heavy lifting duties in Canada, these days.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bell+214&aq=f

I particularly recommend the startup video. Some very interesting camera effects.