On 04/01/2011, John Francis <jo...@panix.com> wrote:
>I personally don't want to put financial and tax information on somebody
> else's hardware.

I wouldn't mind as long as they accepted responsibility for it as
well.  My bank has asked me numerous times in the last year to do
internet banking.  I always say that I will if they accept
responsibility for the security at my end as well as theirs.  At which
point they lose interest.

It appears that I was justified as, just before the holiday, I appear
to have picked up (despite rather a lot of security software and a
router) a keylogger trojan.  As it was trapped with no way out it
appears to have eaten my registry and put me into perpetual reboot.
So far I have not been able to salvage the beast - I don't want to
install the latest image if I can help it as there is some recent
information I want to salvage.