On 04/01/2011, Rob Studdert <distudio.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are some pretty malicious and very clever rootkits circulating
> now and they are hidden so well that most AV/malware applications
> can't even detect them. Do you have a self booting o/s like BartPE
> that you can use to back up your data and help root out the infection?

I'm using ERD Commander.  Have not been able to boot even after using
recovery console of the installation disc and spinrite to check the
integrity of the disc.  Am reduced to trawling through about 40gigs of
stuff to drag as much data out as I can.  Then it will be a
deletepartition/reformat/reinstall.

Watch it be a duff memory stick after all this... 8-)