On Jan 8, 2011, at 3:09 PM, Chris Mitchell wrote:

> KC won 7 - 2. Sox only hit the ball 7 times in the whole 2 hours of play.
> That's one of many things we didn't get about baseball. How can a top
> professional team only hit the ball 7 times in a game that demands that you
> hit the ball to score?

A player who hits .300 is a great hitter. You might wanta stand up there and
let one of those pitchs just go by you without trying to hit to get a sense of
what the challenge is.

Pitching is a BIG part of the game. PItchers occasionally pitch NO hitters.
That's 81 times guys had a chance to get a hit off em and failed.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net