On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 11:57 +1100, "Rob Studdert"
<distudio.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 January 2011 11:51, William Robb <war...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am investigating my options and am open to suggestions.
> > Until I find a client that actually works, I apologize for the poor
> > formatting.
>
> I know it's considered a sin by some but Gmail works well for many of us?
>
> Otherwise there is always Thunderbird, http://www.mozilla.org/ it's
> very Outloookish

The only problem with Gmail these days is that Google has a validation
process that involves them contacting you by mobile phone before you can
set up the account (yes, I know that shouldn't be a problem but some of
us - OK, probably only me - don't have such device....).

A good web-based client - and the one I use - is Fastmail, now owned by
Opera.  I use it exclusively for PDML and the free account is more than
adequate (http://fastmail.fm/)

Oh, yeah.  Welcome back, Bill.

Cheers

Brian