A Nevada site may be more accessible in winter though.

Plus you have Valley of Fire State Park (north of Las Vegas) & Red Rocks (west of Las Vegas).

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom C" <caka...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: OT: FILM shot wins Pop Photo contest

http://www.popphoto.com/gallery/18th-annual-readers-photo-contest

8x10 film
And a $2700 lens that is the equiv. of the Pentax 15mm rectilinear on
a full frame 35mm.
And clearly post-processed (very well).

Still, I'm happy to see a film shot get such an award. And it is a
stunning image.

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska

That's definitely a stunning scene and a night shot at that. I didn't
know there were geysers anywhere besides the Yellowstone Basin in the
continental US. I'll have to check how far away this. Likely just as
far, or further, than Yellowstone which is about 8 hours. A Nevada
site may be more accessible in winter though. Thanks for sharing.

Tom C.