On Aug 28, 2012, at 14:43 , DagT wrote:

> Which is very unfair for those who have great ideas.
>
> You know the circuitry for making efficient car engines? It may easily be
> duplicated by software if it is not already. Some millions of dollars
> research just to give it away to the competitor. Why bother making clean
> engines? But we want them, so have make people do the research if they donĀ“t
> get anything back?

Ever see the movie about the laid off GM employee who cobbled together the
first delayed timer wiper system? He pitched it to GM. They said they weren't
interested. But they put it as an option on all their cars the next year. Never
did any research, just used factory made components to "clean it up" from the
model.

Took the inventor years and years to win in court. Big bucks.  IIRC he either
died just before he won, or shortly there after. IIRC he di dget the
satisfaction he deserved.