On 12 September 2012 16:53, Cory Waters <cbwaters.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Still shooting with the K10 here.
> K5 was attractive but I haven't been shooting enough to justify
> ANOTHER thousand dollar camera.  When I bought the used I decided it
> was the last P&S camera I'd buy because my phone takes decent pictures
> and the ease of sharing with the network is just a killer feature.
> So now the K-5II.  And the question:  Is the face that it's a
> specialized tool offset the fact that it doesn't connect to the
> internet?
> Another way: Do i ever want another camera that doesn't have network
> capability?
>
> I don't know yet.
> Is it silly that I can buy a phone for so little that DOES share
> photos and a camera for so much that doesn't? Hell yes.
> I mean, what are 90% of us doing with any of these photos anyway?
> Could CanNikon and the rest NOT really understand this?
>
> Cory

Thom Hogan has been arguing in favour of connectivity for a couple of
years now. Sony and Samsung are finally starting to equip mirrorless
cameras with WiFi so I expect it will take a few years still for it to
trickle up to DSLRs. I expect Sony to be the first (if they haven't
already done it on the A99; I don't know, I haven't checked; and yes,
I know it's not a DSLR but it's in the same size and purpose
category). I would expect Pentax to be the last to incorporate this
feature.

As for me, I find that I like sharing snapshots from my phone with the
Social Interwebs. As for my "real" photography, I need to let it
simmer in my hard drive before I pound it into B&W and eventually
upload it to my website. Of course, I often take snapshots with my
"real" camera and would like to upload them, but can't.

Cheers,

   —M.

    \/\/o/\/\ --> http://WorldOfMiserere.com

    http://EnticingTheLight.com