I'm surprised by how many people find that an issue. I've always thought of camera heft as a feature rather than a bug.

I might balk at that characterization if I ever had to lug around a full-frame or medium format for any significant length of time. But, I will say that the weight of the K20D is what made me prefer it to my K-x in every situation other than very low light. Now that I've grown accustomed to shooting with the K20D and my K-5, trying to use a lighter body or a P&S feels like the thing is just going to float right out of my hands -- sort of the way your feet feel after taking off a pair of ankle weights.

Also, I've pretty much fallen in love with my K-5 after using it to shoot the two weddings I shot over the past ten days. I'm just amazed at what I'm able to pull out of shadows. And, if there are any shortcomings, I'm unalterably convinced that they reside within me. The one minor gripe I have is that it seems too easy to get it out of AF-S when using the 4-way selection buttons on the back when I have the viewfinder up to my eye. I can't count the number of times I've tried to switch focus points only to discover that I'm scrolling through digital filters, etc. That is a bit grating when you're trying to catch a bride and groom walking down the aisle, among other things.

-- Walt