Been using 'classic' Arca-Swiss Q R system for around 15 year. Most of the other, non Arca-Swiss Q R systems seem to be cheaper imitations. All of my pieces have come from Kirk. All are screw clamp. Haven't had any issues with any of it. Haven't used the lever lock but it seems it would be quicker.

BTW, be sure to look into an 'L' bracket, that's compatible - sure makes quick work of switching from landscape to portrait and vice versa

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Darren Addy" <pixelsmi...@gmail.com>
Subject: Quick Release recommendations...

I'm finally getting down to shopping for a good tripod head/ball head
and QR system.
I've pretty much made up my mind that I'm going to get the Arca-Swiss
P0, but I'm not wild about their Slidefix system (or getting locked
into it). I would rather go with something a little more universal
(like the "classic" Arca Swiss mounts).

I believe that if I get the Arca-Swiss P0 without the Slidefix and
just the 1/4" stud, then I can put just about anybody's clamp on it.

So I'm looking for a little input from those of you who are using a
Quick Release system. What do you like, and why? Anybody have any
opinions on the knock-offs available on eBay, etc.? Also, do you like
a lever clamp system or the more traditional screw clamp?

Thanks for any input.

--
Nothing is sure but death and Pentaxes.