On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 7:19 AM, David Parsons <parsons.da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Too exhibitionist for showing a picture of her daughter?  That is
> called slut shaming (or victim blaming if you are sensitive), blaming
> the victim for acting outside your accepted norms.

Dave, let me try to explain.

Dave, consider this scenario. You drive in a neighborhood and in great
hurry you leave your car windows open. Your car gets robbed. You
invoke insurance, and so on. While engaged in damage control you are
let known that this neighborhood is rather full of thieves. A week
later you have to pass by the same route again. This time, rather
knowingly and on purpose you leave your car doors opened one more time
and your car gets promptly robbed. This time however, along with
invoking the insurance, you also start a very loud publicity campaign.

Now, consider this:

1. Although you were quite right both times (as far theft being out of
the law, etc), you were not very smart to leave your car doors opened.
The first time over you were being normal human - you were in a hurry
and you were preoccupied with something important.

2. The second time you did it on purpose. Further, this time you were
knowingly inviting the thief so that you can cry out loud. Again - you
were right by the letter of the law, but you were very non-smart other
than that. Ultimately, I should point out that in this case your
behavior may indicate a deeper underlying problem than just being
robbed.

3. Finally, if your original plan was a publicity campaign against
thieves in general or in this very neighborhood, don't tell me that
the damage done to your car is something you cannot possibly stand. In
other words - don't be childish.

Now, my understanding (from reading the blog post comments) that this
is not the very first time this lady has problem with FB authorities.
Ultimate bottom line here is Hebrew saying "Be wise, don't be right".

I hope I got my point across. Also let it be noted that this direction
of the discussion has nothing to do with whatever was depicted in
that/these photograph/s.

--
Boris