In my opinion the Pentax DA 16-45mm is a good lens at a very
reasonable price. I'm not aware of anything else that goes as wide as
16mm for such a reasonable price. B&H has several used one for as
little as $189.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/used/315380/?gclid=CjwKEAjwycaqBRCSorjE7ZewsmUSJABWzM54Y3b5n0pNcxVt_iogDASbaXWBqmd3r-X9IL6RNP1B3xoC1UXw_wcB

If you were ONLY interested in ultrawide, I would tell you to consider
the (manual focus) Samyang/Rokinon/Bower 14mm f2.8, but it would be
$100 more, not a zoom, and not autofocus (but f/2.8 and wider). It is
a well regarded wide angle prime.

--
Life is too short to put up with bad bokeh.