The 16-45 is supposed to be pretty good, but if you're looking for the closest analog to the 20-40, I'd reccomend the FA 20-35mm at least optically, and zoom range, build quality is very good for a mostly plastic lens, and at this time it's not all that "sexy" when compared to the DA Limited, so you can probably pick one up for a relatively low price used. Oddly you might just be happy with the FAJ 18-35, it's build is supposed to especially crappy, but optically it's supposed to be very very good, and those seem to go for a song, an off key one at that.