As we're having an opinion-fest......

My experience has been that inkjet prints are much easier to produce to an (at
least) adequate level of quality.  I would guess that the effort required to
produce the equivalent of a highest-grade optical print is less than an order of
magnitude different.  The really big difference is when multiple copies of a
print are required.

The jury is still out on equivalence of durability, although modern inkjets are
likely to be better than early mass-printing colour processes.