> On Sep 20, 2016, at 11:51 PM, Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> True, Jack. It's not ideal as a sports camera, but it's better than one would
> expect based on the reviews. I shot for a while at max frames per second but
> then went to single frame. The burst rate and buffer are both limiting when
> machine gunning. But I often get better results by watching carefully and
> shooting single shots.
>
> Paul via phone

I’ve been doing some more filtering and initial processing of our Alaska images
this evening. One that caught my eye was with the K-1, HD DFA 70-200 at 1/1000,
f/8 ISO800 from a small boat while out looking for whales. Misty cloudy day.
One image I really liked was a Stellar Sea Lion swimming parallel to the moving
boat. A little cropping, a little bump in Clarity and a little noise reduction
and I can see the water drops falling from his whiskers… I did miss focus on a
few eagles flying overhead but otherwise have not been disappointed with the
AF, exposure, etc etc. I also try to avoid filling the buffer because I hate
that feeling when the decisive moment comes and the camera is temporarily
unavailable while it clears the buffer…

stan