On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 10:21 PM, Paul Stenquist
<pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Shot some kids football again. Great fun.
>
> I’m somewhat mystified by those who say the K-1 is ill suited for sports
> photography. In continuous autofocus mode it pretty much nails every shot.
> And even under somewhat dim stadium lights with night closing in, ti’s
> possible to get decent results at ISO 6400 followed by a two stop push — an
> effective iso of 25,500.

I don't think the Pentax cameras are bad at sports photography but
possibly thelens choices come into play. I don't have anything with an
SDM type focus motor other than my Sigma 17-70 which focuses quite
fast, my consumer lenses, the DA F 50-200 and 55-300 being screw focus
tend to focus slower and hunt, me thinks that could be the concern.??

Nice shots BTW

Dave
> Just beginning to process these, but I had to post a couple. Here’s the shot
> at 25,800, K-1 DFA 150-450, f 5.6, 1/1000th. TA mode with ISO limit set at
> 6400, then two stop push in rendering:
> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=18287583&size=lg
>
> This one was shot before it got dark, but the light was getting dim. Again
> K-1 with DFA 150-450, F8, 1/1250th, ISO 6400, minimal exposure adjustment in
> rendering.
> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=18287579&size=lg
>
> No problem with autofocus all night. Loving that camera.
>
> Will post a GESO once I’ve rendered more of these.
> Paul

Documenting Life in Rural Ontario.
www.caughtinmotion.com
http://brooksinthecountry.blogspot.com/